|List of Teaching Staff|
|Dr. Manoj Kumar Joshi||Professor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|Dr.Sanjeev H.||Associate Professor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|Dr Amit Banik||Assistant Professor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|Dr.Shahina Mustaqim||Assistant Professor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|Dr. Abhay Kumar||Tutor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|Dr. K. Snehaa||Tutor||M.B.B.S., M.D.|
|List of Non-Teaching Staff|
|Smt. Rinku Bose||Technician|
|Smt. Amina Bibi||Technician|
|Smt. Soumya||Technician assistant|
|Smt. Vinitha||Technician assistant|
|Smt. Shiva Lekha||Technician assistant|
|Shri Santosh Kumar||Technician assistant|
|Shri Uday Raj||Technician assistant|
|Jeevan Lata Kujur||Technician assistant|
|Mr. Vijay Kumar||Laboratory Attendant|
|Ms. Jessy Mathew||Store keeper, Record clerk|
|Ms. Savitha Singh||Record clerk|
|Ms. Sabitha Kumari||Sweeper|
|Ms. Sabitha Kumari||Sweeper|
|Mr. Kiran Kumar||Office Attendant|
|Mr. Vijay Kumar||Office Attendant|
|Ms. Vijay Laxmi||Office Attendant|
The Department of Microbiology provides Clinical Laboratory services at G B Pant Hospital and conducts academic activities at Medical College campus.
Clinical services provides for diagnosis of Infectious diseases and its agents. Academic activities include teaching under graduate students during phase II of MBBS course. The Department is fully equipped to provide conclusive lab diagnostic aid as well as undertake quality research work.
The diagnostic services is provided by a 2000 square feet state of the art laboratory consisting of Bacteriology, Serology, Mycology, Parasitology, Mycobacteriology and Anaerobic culture sections. The laboratory makes use of both conventional as well as automated systems such as automated blood culture system, automated Mycobacterial culture system, automated ELISA for different serological tests. Endpoint diagnosis is also provided by rapid molecular diagnostic tools for select common infectious diseases of public importance. The Department also provides for continuous surveillance activities for locally prevalent infections known to occur in epidemics.
1. Sanjeev H, Sweetha Nayak, Pai Asha K.B, RaiRekha, VimalKarnaker& Ganesh H.R .A Systematic Evaluation of Rapid Dot- EIA, Blood Culture and Widal test in the Diagnosis of Typhoid Fever. NUJHS 2013;3(1):21-24
2. Sanjeev H, Hema Sridhar and S.R.Prasad. “Rapid Slide Culture to diagnose smear negative pulmonary tuberculosis under the revised national tuberculosis control programme. Biomedicine 2012;32(2):190-193.
3. Sanjeev H, Vimal Kumar Karnaker ,RekhaRai, Asha Pai K.B, Ganesh H.R, Krishnaprasad MS. Rapid Slide Culture: Relevance to the Modern Day Diagnosis of Tuberculosis. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2012;6(3):378-381.
4. Sanjeev H, Vimal Kumar Karnaker, Pai Vijay, Asha Pai K.B, RekhaRai, & Krishna Prasad M S. Fungal Profile of Infectious keratitis in a tertiary care Hospital – Our experience. NUJHS 2012;2(2):10-13
5. Sanjeev H, Swathi N, Asha Pai, Rekha R, Vimal K, Ganesh HR. Systematic review of Urinary Tract Infection caused by Acinetobacter species among Hospitalised Patients. NUJHS 2013;3(4):21-24
6. Sanjeev H, Rajini M, Prasad S.R. Human Dirofilariasis: An Uncommon case of Subcutaneous Infection with DirofilariaRepens with a brief Review of Literature. NUJHS 2011;1:60-62.
7. Ganesh HR, Vimal Kumar Karnaker, Sanjeev H,RekhaRai. A plausible community induced Salmonella enteric serotype Paratyphi B infection causing infantile meningitis: A case report. NUJHS 2012; 2:63-64.
8. Asha Pai K B, Rekha Rai, Sanjeev H, Vimal Kumar Karnaker, Krishna Prasad MS. Nitrofurantoin: An Alternative Therapy for Uncomplicated Cystitis in the Era of Antimicrobial Resistance. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2011; 5(5):964-966.
9. Asha Pai KB, Sweetha NN, Sanjeev H, Rekha R, Vimal KK, Ganesh HRIncreased Vancomycin Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (Mic) Among MRSA Isolates In a Tertiary Care Hospital. NUJHS 2013;5:21-24
10. Saloni Agarwal, RekhaRai, VimalKarnaker, Sanjeev H, Pai Asha K.B and Ganesh H.R. Prevalance and antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosain a tertiary care teaching hospital”. IJABPT 2013; 4(3):
11.RekhaRai, Vimal Kumar K, Ganesh H.R, Krishnaprasad MS, Sanjeev H, Asha Pai KB. Haemophilusinfluenzae; an underdiagnosed cause of respiratory tract infections. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research 2012;6(3):385-387.
12. Sreelatha S.V, Pusphparaj Shetty, Vimal Kumar Karnaker, Sanjeev H. A Rare case of primary tuberculosis osteomyelitis of Temporomandibular joint, causing a facial and functional marring. NUJHS 2012;2(1):48-50