Department of Ophthalmology
|Dr. Kavita Bhatnagar
||Professor & HOD
|Dr. Seema Das
|Dr. Sujit Das
|Dr. Anand Karthik
LIST OF PUBLICATION
|List of Non-Teaching Staff
|Smt. T. Shiny Cherian l
|Shri. D Chakraborty
|Shri. V Ganeshan
(Updated on 12 August 2016)
Overview of the department: Department of Ophthalmology is a well-equipped department with state-of –art equipments. Department is registered center for National Program for Control of Blindness (NPCB) and Eye Bank Association of India (EBAI). It conducts regular out-reach activities for rural and urban population residing in remote areas and also other Island of A&N which includes diagnostic camps for cataract, glaucoma, retina screening, school health checkups, training of school teachers and paramedical staff. We are carrying out clinical as well as educational research.
Infrastructural facilities: It has adequate space having 2 consulting rooms, Glaucoma clinic, Retina clinic, Seminar room cum Library, Eye Bank, Refraction rooms, Major and Minor OT, Laser room, Perimetry room, and Investigation/Procedure room. We have Optical Coherence Tomography (STRATUS OCT), Humphrey Field Analyser, Argon Green Laser (Zeiss), YAG Laser (Ocular), Slit Lamps-5 (HAAG ST, 2-NIDEK, 3-LABO MED), Auto-refractometer, Digital Fundus Imaging (Zeiss), A-Scan, B-Scan, Keratometer, Operating Microscope (Leica), NCT (Keeler, Nidac), Phacoemulsification unit.
Beds available- 16, Patient load (average OPD-150/day, major surgeries-500-700/ year)
Staff available: Senior Ophthalmic assistant-01, Ophthalmic assistants-07, Lab technician-01, Eye bank counsellors- 02, Staff nurse-01, Ward attendant / Aaya- 02, OT Staff Nurse-01, OT technician-01, Data operator-01, Clerk-01, Receptionist-01.
Dr Kavita R Bhatnagar, Professor (last 5 years) (Scopus, Pub-med, Google Scholar indexed)
- Bhatnagar KR, Pote S. Validity of subjective assessment as screening tool for dry eye disease and its association with clinical tests. Int J Ophthalmol 2015;8(1) 174-181. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Khanna A. On Steep Axis incision to minimize postoperative astigmatism in Phacoemulsification. Journal of Ophthalmic Science 2015;1(1):2-8. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Radhakrishnan OK. Formative assessment using direct observation of single patient encounters in ophthalmology residency. Sudanese J Ophthalmol 2014;6:49-53. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Vashi J. Prevalence and risk factors of Age Related Macular Degeneration. Sudanese Journal of Ophthalmology. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Sapovadkar A, Gupta D, Jasani H. Dry Eye: A Rising Occupational Hazard. Medical Journal of Dr D Y Patil University, 2014 Jan-Feb issue. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Raulji C, Kumar P. Pseudo Foster Kennedy Syndrome secondary to uncontrolled hypertension and diabetes. Journal of Dr D Y Patil University,2014, Mar-Apr issue.
- Bhatnagar KR, Karandikar MN, Mujumdar D, Kulkarni V. Impression cytology to study conjunctival epithelial morphology after pterygium excision with mitomycin-c and conjunctival autograft (A Pilot Study). Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research, May-Aug 2013, pg 99-105. (International)
- Saldana D, Anuja, Menon P, Bhatnagar KR. Does Psychotherapy Benefit Pre and Post-operative Anxiety in Eye Diseases? Journal of Projectile Psychology & Mental Health, July2013; 20:106-109 (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Gupta D. Kearns Sayare syndrome: a case report. Journal of Dr D Y Patil University, 2013(International)
- Bhatnagar KR. Herpes Zoster Ophthalmicus. Medical Journal of Dr D Y Patil University, Jul-Aug-2013. (Invited Guest Editorial) (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Gupta D. Ophthalmologist saving life of a young male with simultaneous bilateral retinal artery occlusion due to emboli of cardiac origin. Medical Journal of Dr D Y Patil University, Oct-Dec 2013. (International)
- Bhatnagar KR, Saoji VA, Banerjee A. Objective structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) for Undergraduates in Ophthalmology: Is It a Feasible Approach to Standardized Assessment in India. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, May 2011, pg 211-214. (National)
- Bhatnagar KR. Can conventional long case be improved. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Sep 2011, pg-.98. .(National)
- Bhatnagar KR, Srivastava K, Singh A, Jadhav SL. A preliminary study to measure and develop scale for Job satisfaction among health care professionals in India. Industrial Psychiatry Journal 2011.(National)
- Bhatnagar KR, Srivastava K. Job satisfaction in Health care organizations. Industrial Psychiatry Journal, Jun-Dec 2012. .(National)
- Bhatnagar KR, Srivastava K, Singh A. Is Faculty Development Critical to Enhance Teaching Effectiveness. Industrial Psychiatry Journal, Dec 2010,pg 110-114. .(National)
Awards/ Achievements received by faculty:
Dr. Kavita R Bhatnagar, Professor
- She has been awarded prestigious FAIMER Fellowship (International fellowship in Medical Education) by ECFMG, Philadelphia, USA.
- She is pursuing “First MCI Advanced Course in Medical Education” at MCI Nodal Center, GSMC-KEMH, Mumbai.
- Invited at World Ophthalmology Congress 2012 at Abu Dhabi
Phacoemulsification and small incision cataract surgery, glaucoma surgery, other anterior segment surgeries, medical retina, OCT, Retina lasers, YAG iridectomy and capsulotomy, Pachymetry, Anterior segment and fundus photography.